The ARS “Artsakh”
Chapter of Cleveland
The ARS Cleveland Chapter has existed since before 1950. In its early days, most chapter members lived close to one another in the city of Cleveland . Over the years, the Armenian community’s population has shifted and chapter members live throughout a wide area that is considered to be metropolitan Cleveland . Early members of this chapter are Sarah Bajaksouzian, Mrs. Bejeckian, Mrs. M. Arpajian, Nevart Esayian, Mary Dadaian, Nartouhi Topalian, M. Tookmanian, Mrs. Bornazian, B. Ghorigorian, N. Topalian, H. Topalian, A. Asadorian, N. Eminian, M. Gazarian, L. Sarian, E. Sarkissian, T. Sarkissian, M. Pilibosian, E. Mangekian, S. Tellalian, and V. Malajikian.
After the struggle for the self-determination of the people of Artsakh, the Cleveland Chapter adopted the Artsakh name in honor of the sacrifices that were made by the people of Artsakh to achieve independence. The chapter held its biggest fundraiser – a concert by Serge Babayan – in the mid-1990s to benefit the ARS Mother and Child Health and Birthing Center in the earthquake-stricken zone of Gyumri, Armenia .
Connect with the Chapter